This year, we are going to be setting up bins in the vestibule in the main entrance. Please bring your donations there now through December 13th, and find the appropriate bin to leave your item(s).
This year we are asking for:
– Kids in preschool to 2nd grade to bring in a wrapped, labeled (parents want to know what the gift is) gift that they would like to receive
– Kids in 3rd 4th grade to bring in a wrapped, labeled (parents want to know what the gift is) gift that they would like to receive
– Kids in 5th-6th grade to bring in a wrapped, labeled (parents want to know what the gift is) gift that they would like to receive
– 7th-10th grade to bring in winter hats for kids of all ages
– KIFTY and Madrichim to bring in winter gloves for kids of all ages
– Sisterhood and Brotherhood to bring in non-perishable food
– Adult education to bring in toiletries
– KI Board members to bring in winter hats for adults
– Everyone else in our community to bring in winter gloves for adults
** We are getting specific gift request from some students. If you would like to buy a gift from someone’s wish list, please call the office, 215-887-8700.
Thank you for helping to make the holiday season better for those in need!
A lot may be different this year, but there are still many local families in need, and KI’s motivation to do Tikkun Olam is as strong as ever. This year our Mitzvah Menorah is going to be done a little bit differently. We are going to be collecting gifts, hats & gloves, toiletries, and non-perishable food for some underserved Cheltenham School District students and their families.
Under the leadership of Cantor Levy, KI has really stepped up to help underserved families in Cheltenham since the pandemic began. Cantor Levy with the help of our amazing volunteers who run our HaMotzi Dinners, food pantry, Tzedek Center, and Social Action Committee, have been working with the social worker in Cheltenham to identify families in need, and KI families have donated time, money, and food to help our neighbors. Now we want to make sure the holiday season is happy for everyone.