I must admit that being a Congregational President during this pandemic has been challenging; but staying masked and working around Covid-19 has not stopped me from keeping in touch with what is happening at KI. I thought you might appreciate a glimpse of the meetings and programs I personally attended in December of 2020. (Of course, I saw many of you there, so thanks for all of your support! May you be inspired to stay involved and make a difference in the year ahead!)
- 4 Weekly Senior Staff Meetings – Zoom planning time
- 4 Shabbat Services – Watched on Facebook Live
- 1 Confirmation Service – Congratulations Confirmands!
- 1 Sisterhood Zoom Shabbat – Don’t (Ever) Let the Lights Go Out!
- 3 Bar Mitzvah Celebrations – Mazel Tov and Presentation of Gifts!
- 4 Weekly Torah Study Sessions – The Book of Genesis
- 3 Zonegs with Cantor Amy Levy –Mazel Tov to Ellen Tilman on her retirement, Klezmas music with Ken Ulansey, and a tribute to Educator & Sisterhood member Fran Nodiff, of blessed memory
- 2 Board of Directors Meetings – Keeping KI strong!
- 1 Board of Trustees Meeting – Planning for the future!
- 1 BINGO Fundraiser – Led by Ross M. Levy & Cantor Amy Levy for Sisterhood
- 1 KI Library Program with former Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren, author of The Night Archer; and Other Stories (great stories, somewhat provocative & highly recommended)
- 3 Adult Education programs – From a one act play on Eleanor Roosevelt, to Critical Thinking & Alexander the Great – with thanks to Caryl Levin!
- 5 Wednesday Rabbi “Rewind” Talks – Zoom Watch Party for Beethoven in Beijing, Jews and Music & Fran Schwartz live on the piano, The Exodus Story, and guest speakers
- 8 Nights of Community Hanukkah Candle Lighting! (160 Zoom participants tuned in for the first night with Rabbi Sussman and Liz Sussman!)
- 2 Federation Philadelphia Webinars – Covid-19 Community Updates
- 1 Zoom Breakfast with President’s from other Reform Congregations in the Philadelphia Suburbs
- 1 Social Justice Policy Committee meeting and discussion of Ibram X. Kendi’s ideas on How To Be an Anti-Racist
- 1 Jewish Art Salon Program – featuring the art of our own Joan Myerson Shrager
- 1 Gratz College 125th Anniversary Celebration honoring CNN Anchor, and Chief Whitehouse Correspondent, Jake Tapper
- 1 Tired KI President!
Susan Fried says:January 14, 2021 at 9:09 pm
You are one excellent President who continues to navigate through this challenging pandemic and keep us all informed on what is going on at KI! Yasher Koach!!
Stan Singer says:January 14, 2021 at 9:24 pm
We are very fortunate that you have been our KI President during this challenging period of stress. Keep up the good work !
Irv Matusow says:January 15, 2021 at 2:54 am
Whem. God give you strength and health to continue the unbelievable job you are doing under such conditions.